My Journey With My Project

Posted by Brittany Paul | Posted in | Posted on 11:46 PM

My journey throughout this project has been an interesting one. I was assigned this topic about a month ago by my Journalism professor, Mrs. Sandifer-Walker. Reluctant about it at first, I did not see myself enjoying working on it at all. Confused, I went to discuss my topic with Professor Walker. During our discussion, Professor Walker talked about how much this movement affected her and why students today should pay homage to these courageous people. If it were not for these fearless young men and women, we would not be the country we are today.

With a new found determination, I began to develop my student movement story. Through the website Vuvox.com, I created a photo collage depicted the the student movement throughout the years, starting with the 1960s sit-ins. I then travel to the 1970s, displaying student protest against the Vietnam War. Moving on to the 1980s, I show the Tienanmen Square protest and then the 1990s protest against the Gulf War. Ending with the movements of today, I show the students for Barack Obama movement and the current UC Berkeley protest against the tuition raise. After finishing my collage, I noticed that the sit ins of the 60's played a major role in the student movements of today. I also created A Look on Student Movement blog to show my progess with this project.

This project has truly opened my eyes to the whole world of student movements. I wish my classmates will take a note from these history makers and take the time to recognize them in their entirety.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment